Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Testy Tuesday

Okay - so you won't get a long winded one topic post again today. It's because I am in a mood. I shouldn't be in a mood. I should be happy. The weather has broken, so it's not quite so hot. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so my parched lawn will get some relief, and the one person that irritates me the most at work is actually on vacation, so I'm getting some relief myself. That alone should be reason for endless happiness. But, none the less, I'm in a mood. Here's why:

*If you have 5 signs in one 15 x 15 space that say to refrain from using cell phones and other electronic devices, and to please move your hind end to another specified area of the building to use them, then why don't people comply with this?

So - we have a clinic waiting area that is approximately 15x15. In that 15x15 space there are literally 5 signs that state to not use cell phones and other electronic devices. It states that if you must make or receive a call to take it to the first floor lobby. It's not that we are just hateful people and want to make things difficult for everyone - in that clinic waiting area are 4 offices and 3 treatment rooms that are entered from the waiting area. If people are in their offices trying to work, and there is someone in the waiting area on their phone, or worse - several people on their phones - it is a noisy chaotic mess. I feel like 5 signs should be enough. Clearly it is important or we wouldn't have FIVE signs in one small area. Really people?

* I don't like speed limits either people, but tailgating me does nothing but make me angry.

I get it. I have a need for speed myself. But speed limit signs are not there for decoration - and while I don't like it, I do understand the need for limits and rules. If I am going the speed limit, and you are riding my bumper - I hope you have excellent insurance because I'm going to slam my brakes on and you are going to have to buy me a new car. Don't push me. I'll do it.


* And while I'm complaining about drivers - let's just add this. Throwing your trash out your car window is not only illegal - but irritating as hell.

I'm driving along, bee-boppin' to the music on the radio, preparing my brain for a busy day at work, when what should slam into my windshield? A McDonald's bag of trash - courtesy of the jackass in the car ahead of me. I don't understand. Who does the jackass think is going to pick up his trash? And if he is throwing that out the window, what ELSE is he throwing out the window? Glass? Metal? Lit cigarettes? Yes. It's pisses me off.

And so there you have it. Quite frankly I could go on for a long time - that's the kind of mood I'm in - but I will spare you the rant. But thanks for letting me at least get a LITTLE bit off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment