Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday Thoughts


I have a friend who is suffering. I don’t quite know what to do to help her. I pray. But I’m talking about something more tangible than that. I think she knows I love her, I think she knows I support her. I hope she knows. I don’t think there is anything in the world that hurts more than feeling totally alone. I know that in her suffering and in her pain, she feels alone. She feels that people don’t understand her, that she is carrying her burden with little or no help from anyone else, and that it is a never ending – up hill – battle. I know that no one reads this but me…but if you happen to stumble on this little corner of mine – take a moment and pray for my friend.

On to the next thought.

I am not what you would call a “foodie” I don’t think. That being said, if you could see me you would know that clearly I LOVE food. I do –however- have a few food “quirks”.

*Let’s start with my biggest food pet-peeve. I don’t want my food to touch on my plate. It makes me sick and I can’t eat it. My husband even bought me some divided plates because I will absolutely not eat food that has touched each other that shouldn't have. For instance – gravy belongs on potatoes, but if you have potatoes with gravy on a plate with veggies and a meat – none of it better be touching. Unless of course the veggie is corn. Corn gets in potatoes and gravy. . . . I’m all for that.

*Ketchup is for onion rings, French fries, and fried potatoes with onions. It must never be put on some poor unsuspecting piece of meat, a hot dog, hamburger or (gag) eggs. Ketchup is evil and must be destroyed.

*Food should be enjoyed at the temperature it was intended. If something is supposed to be served hot, then by GUM it should be served molten lava HOT. On the same hand – if something is supposed to be served cold – then it better be bone chillin’ cold. Do not serve me something that is room temperature if there is an expectation of HOT or COLD.

*White Castle is evil and must be destroyed. Need I say more? Really? Okay – then here’s the deal…hamburgers are supposed to be grilled or cooked on/ in a hot surface. ( ie: a pan or electric skillet etc) They are not supposed to be steamed. Further – nasty stinky re hydrated onions are nasty and stinky. They don’t deserve to be consumed by anything other than a garbage disposal.

*Really I could go on and on I suppose, but we’ll stop there. I will probably be able to come up with lots more another time. But at the moment – I’m hungry and need to get a move on. Oh except one more thing. Milk is evil and must be destroyed. It makes me gag. Literally.

So – ehm – what other random thought do I have? Oh yes. I have learned today that no matter how much you think you know someone; they will always do something to surprise you. In my case it isn’t necessarily such a good thing. I have had a “funny” feeling at work from a couple of people. Nothing I could really put my finger on – just felt….odd. I hate when the way you find out is to OVERHEAR them say something that is just plain not nice. Let’s put it this way – I don’t know who my friends are at work. I thought I did…now I’m sure – no no- not sure…POSITIVE that I don’t know who is.

And that’s where I’ll end. For today.

1 comment:

  1. (((sounds like you could use a hug too))) or a stiff drink! Thank for the support...emotional support goes a long way in my world.

    I agree...white castle, ketchup and milk should die! I don't even like soy milk...but I have discovered something yummy called almond milk...the dark chocolate box is YUMMY.

    I hate that your work is like that. You are a jewel in a half. And I know you love what you do...but I am praying that God show you some other way to do what you love in a healthy environment. Oh wait, did I just say praying....I guess I part of me still believes.

    ReplyDelete