Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Morning Mantra

I think I can, I think I can.

Well, not really. But I am going to put my mind to having a better week than the one I had last week. I am going to try to be a good person, a good friend, a good employee, a good wife, a good mother, a good daughter, a good me. I think I can.

I am going to put my mind to having a positive attitude. I am going to do unto others as I would have them do unto me. I am going to shine that golden rule so much it will blind my friends and family with it's brilliance. I think I can.

I am going to bite my tongue. I am going to be careful what I say, and say only what I mean. I am going to be honest and real and not try to hurt anyone with sharp words and underlying sarcasm. I am going to spread sweetness like strawberry jam on lightly toasted wheat bread. I think I can.

I am going to put others feelings before my own. I am going to try as hard as I can to think about how what I do impacts the people around me, and gage my actions accordingly. If I think that even the slightest possibility exists that someone could be adversely affected by something I am planning on doing, I will reevaluate the necessity of actually following through with my plan, and change it so no one gets hurt. I think I can.

Oh who am I kidding? No one is that perfect. No one is that pristine. So - here's the plan. I'm going to do the best I can do and not beat myself up over what doesn't work. I think I can.

No - I KNOW I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment