Monday, October 25, 2010

Let Me Tell Ya What I Know

And believe me - it ain't much.

I know that when my children were little and I didn't have two pennies to rub together - a hard boiled egg and coleslaw ( it's what I had in the fridge...) and orange Kool-Aid makes a mighty fine dinner.

I know that when something stinks there's a reason. It stinks because it's rotten. Whether it be garbage, or friendship, or something in between - if it stinks - look out. It's rotten.

I know that there is no such thing as monsters - but I'll be dipped if I'm looking under the bed when it's thundering and lightening and no one is home but me. Only STUPID college girls in thin nighties look under the bed when it's thundering and lightening and no one is home but them. Haven't you ever seen (insert horror movie title here)??

I know there is nothing in the world that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy like a kiss from my hubby. Or the sound of a laughing child. Or Bombay Sapphire martini's - say 3 or 4 of 'em.

I know that the reason they don't play rap music on elevators is because it would cause all kinds of mayhem...and we can't have mayhem on an elevator.

I know that being called Ma'am is a sign of respect - not an indication that I need botox, my roots done, and gastric bypass. . .really, I know. I do.

I know that I have a job I love, a handful of friends I can call good, healthy kids, a husband who loves me, and a grandson on the way - for which I should be and AM - grateful.

1 comment: