Thursday, November 4, 2010

Just When You Think Your Life Sucks

Sometimes I wallow in what I consider to be my terrible life - sometimes I just wail and complain and tout my troubles to anyone who will listen. They are so bad - you know. My troubles. So bad until I meet someone, ( run across them in blog land) that is a zillion times worse off than me.

For instance - just the other day I met a 20 year old girl with a rare kind of genetic cancer who also has elephantitis - who has a terrible prognosis. She isn't going to live very much longer. 20 years old. She hasn't even had a life to complain about. And won't.

For instance - while reading another friends blog I followed a link to one of her favorite blogs and landed on a 26 year old Mom with some sort of Hodgkins Lymphoma - she has a baby girl under a year old and cancer all over her body. She has lost her hair - her job - and could very well leave that sweet baby girl without a Mommy.

For instance one of my friends has a little girl with Aicardi syndrome. She is 9 years old, on a vent, has multiple seizures daily, has coded at least 20 times in her life - this same friend has stage 2 breast cancer. How much crap does one person deserve in their life?

So - just when I think my life sucks - I try to reflect on those folks. The ones who truly have it bad. It makes me very grateful for the blessings in my life ; my sweet husband, my kids, my new grandson. It's an eye opener I need. Often.

No comments:

Post a Comment