Friday, November 5, 2010

Phone Call

I don't know what came over me, but yesterday I broke down and called my Mom. I KNOW...I know.  But it's done and there's nothing I can do about it now.

It was a very "fluffy" conversation.

"Fluffy" meaning - I didn't really say much about anything except my new grand baby - who btw she hasn't even acknowledged. My sweet Aunt Dorothy knitted him a hat and it came in the mail yesterday - but my own mother hasn't even asked about him. The FIRST great-grandchild and she doesn't even ask? Bizarre.

Any-hoo. It was "fluffy". NO talk of the wedding at all. NO talk about anything except superfluous stuff that means nothing to anyone. Bizarre.

After about - oh- I dunno - maybe 20 minutes, I pretended that my sweet husband was calling me and I had to hang up. It was strange.

But - it's sort of like ripping off a Band Aid. You know it's going to hurt - but at some point you have to just rip it off. That's kinda what I did....braced myself and ripped it off. ..called her...whatever.

Before I end this - even though we are already to November 5 - and I've missed 5 days - since it is the month of Thanksgiving - I am going to list one thing every day that I am thankful for. And to make up for the last 4 days that I missed - I will list those four now:

1. I am thankful for my sweet husband, who puts up with my crap no matter what, loves me, spoils me, and makes me laugh on a daily basis.

2. I am thankful for my kids. Even though sometimes they make me crazy - they are healthy and capable and sometimes they even think of someone other than themselves, which makes me so proud.

3. I am thankful for my sweet wonderful yummy delicious grand son, who even though he is only a week old has changed my life profoundly.

4. I am thankful for my job. It has taught me so many things - but most importantly it has taught me how to see the good in my life instead of lingering on the bad stuff.

5. I am thankful for my friends. The ones that have stuck with me through thick and thin - I don't know what I would do without them.

Now that we are caught up - I will try to keep caught up.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment