Monday, November 8, 2010

Friends

HAhahahahah!

So - I have been 'defriended' on FB by the biological mother of my two youngest boys. I know it's not really funny - but to me it's really funny. I don't know why she did it - except that I'm sure she's a little jealous that I am able to spend so much time with my grandson and she is so far away. And I'm sure that she hates seeing all the grand baby posts. I don't really blame her. I think if I were in her shoes and wanted to see him as badly as I am sure she wants to, I would get sick of all the updates about him too. Not that she doesn't want to hear about him - but more that she doesn't want to hear about him- and ME.

Oh well. What's sort of sad is - I think if she and I had met under different circumstances, we might have been friends. We have lots in common - we think alike - and we like the same things. But - of course - mothering her children, grand mothering her grandson isn't something she likes - so I get it. And it's okay.

Went to see the baby this weekend. The house is on it's way back down to pig sty status. When I walked in the door I said " OH my GOSH. What HAPPENED?" and that prompted some cleaning up - but wow. It took less than a week. I told them it was unacceptable. I told them - my sweet grand baby isn't going to be immobile forever and they better figure out a way to keep it clean because before they know it he'll be crawling and Heaven only knows what he will find that can harm him in some way. I was quite disheartened by the mess - we'll see how it looks this weekend when I go back.

Since I missed Saturday and Sunday for thankfulness - here's a little catch up:

Saturday: I'm thankful that I live in a country that has clean water to drink. I see these people living in countries where the water makes them sick and it makes me very sad.

Sunday: I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head and food on my table. It might not be the Ritz, and we might not be eating steak every night - but I've got warmth in my belly and nice place to lay my head. So many are not so lucky.

Today : I am thankful for L'oreal. ( HEY! No one said they ALL had to be serious- so...meh.) I am glad to be able to cover my gray and feel decent about myself in at least one teensy little area.

Have a good Monday, peeps.

1 comment:

  1. I am all about the L'oreal and oil of olay. I'm thankful for anything that makes me feel pretty.

    ReplyDelete