Tuesday, November 2, 2010

People Are Crazy

I don't understand people. I really don't.

A little background:

The son that just had the baby is actually my step son. I don't differentiate. I have raised this boy for 15 years. My husband had custody of him and his brother, and together with my two kids we were a family. The truth is - ( edited to keep a certain someones feelings from being hurt) the boys biological Mom wants people to acknowledge her. Now she wants everyone to know she has a grandson.

So - even though I don't put a lot of stock in what people post on social networking, it is a little hard to ignore when people post petty nasty things for everyone to see. In this case - my family and friends. I only accepted her friend request because I was trying to keep the peace - so this is what she does...

I have posted a few pictures of my adorable grand son.  One picture in particular is my son, his sweet wife and the baby all dressed in Colts gear ready for the football game last night. I posted as the caption  "Gramma loves her little Colts fan. You guys look GREAT. Go COLTS!" To which she posted directly underneath " MY family looks great in Colts blue." Every little caption I post under a photo she comes behind and posts something to do with "HER" family. Always in caps. Always what I would call - petty. It's as if she is trying to make sure that she puts me in my "place" - such that it is.

So - I am - even though I am blogging about it - ignoring it. I am not responding or clarifying or anything else. I just let it go. Because what matters is I love him. What matters is lots of people love him. What matters is - he will always know people love him and care about him - and I don't think that is such a bad thing. So if she wants to be petty and stupid - it just makes her look bad. I will just keep saying positive things.

Cuz I am POSITIVE I am in love with my grand son. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment