Friday, January 7, 2011

Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia

I have not slept more than an hour a night since the break in. I’m now in a state of perpetual hysteria. I have begun drinking gallons of caffeine in the mornings due to the lack of sleep at night,  and do feel sleepy  at night - yet - am sleepless. My eyes are grainy, my head is pounding, my ears are ringing - and I would suggest not trying to have a conversation with me as one of two things may happen; I will either A- reply with complete unintelligible mumbo jumbo, or B - Bite your head off - chew it up and spit it at your feet (actually it is highly possible both things would happen at once - can you say UGLY?).

What's worse - when I do sleep I have extremely vivid dreams that are not pleasant. Last nights dream at one point had me yelling at a large group of unfamiliar young men to " GET OFF OF MY PORCH" - and then grabbing one by the shirt and throwing him off of the porch ( while simultaneously throwing my pillow across the room which woke me up). That was around 11:35-11:45. I dozed off and on till around 3:00 a.m then lay awake with my mind racing until the alarm went off at 4:30 am. This, after having taken a Benydryl and 20mgs of Melatonin along with the Paxil which seems to be doing nothing but making me sweat...( and uninterested in sex with my husband. NICE) Thank goodness for an insanely fantastic, supportive, understanding husband - because plan B is a bottle of wine a night, followed by plan C which is jumping off a bridge.

So - for your viewing pleasure ...here is what I am starting to resemble:








Have a great weekend.


1 comment:

  1. Well, it looks like you still have your sense of humour! I believe this is a good thing, just don't go jumping off bridges as I hear that the sudden stop at the bottom can be seriously painful. :)

    ReplyDelete