Monday, January 10, 2011

Feeling a TEENSY bit better.

So - since the break-in, as you know, I have been a jittery nervous wreck. Every little sound has sent me over the edge. My sweet husband has installed the alarm system and it started being monitored on Saturday. I'm telling you - short of dropping a bomb on the house - no one is gettin' in my house unless I let them in now. And boy do I feel better. I feel so much better I actually was able to lay down on Saturday afternoon when my husband wasn't home and take a nap. Ahhhhhhhh. The bliss. Now - I still almost peed myself when the neighbor rang the doorbell - and when hubby was trying out the remote access features without warning me first....but all in all I think we are on the up-swing now. Thank goodness.

My daughter honked me off a little this weekend. Now remember that she is almost 25 years old. She has a life with her partner and and her partners two kids. I don't really see them much - they are always busy....she sent me a text that said " So why aren't you talking to me?"

To which I pick up the phone and call her and say " What are you talking about?"

According to her she has "called a bunch of times and you never answer." So I check my call log - she called ONCE. ONE time. ONCE and BTW - that was during the work day when I refuse to answer my cell phone.  She's such a drama queen.

So - that's my boring story for today - we got a big ol' snow storm comin' and I might have to serve jury duty tomorrow. Ackkkkkkk. Pray that I don't. Not tomorrow. Any day but tomorrow. Please. And Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are finding some peace. I hope it continues.

    Fingers crossed that there will be no jury duty tomorrow. You used the magic words so maybe that will help.

    ReplyDelete