Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A New Begining

For most of my life I have done some sort of art. Whether it be weaving, tatting, crochet, sewing, embroidery, painting, spinning, drawing...the list could go on and on. A few days ago - my BFF brought me a prezzie. She found it in her closet at home, and had no use for it ( after playing with it herself and not being impressed with the outcome...) so she brought it to me. It was a huge tackle box full of water color markers, brushes, paints, colored pencils....I was like a kid in a candy store.


So - I decided last night to try something. Here is the beginning stages of what I started:



I know I know...it's got lots of mistakes...but for my first attempt with water color markers I don't think it's too horrible. I have lots of ideas swirling in my head - I'm just trying to get a feel for how they work, what they look like etc.

I've decided to stop complaining, and try to focus on my art and my music. I picked out a really really hard piece that I've never played before and am giving myself a year to learn it. ( Actually my husband picked it out...so of course the darn thing starts in five flats....which I HATE.. . ) I am starting a few art projects that I hope will go well....I'm clearing my head........and my soul.

It's a new beginning.

2 comments:

  1. As a trombone player I prefer flats to sharps, but 5 sounds a bit much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's beautiful. And way to go! You are feeding your soul. Best wishes with your art and music. I hope they help the healing process.

    ReplyDelete