Monday, March 14, 2011

Daylight Saving Time

I hate Daylight Saving Time. I KNOW there was a good reason for it at one time - but seriously - don't we all suffer enough without having to deal with bouncing time? Not to mention the fact that the babies of the world are totally confused - as are their poor sleep deprived parents.

Had a semi decent weekend. Spent a lot of time painting - and trying to let my son be Daddy and not butt my oh so much wiser and older self in the middle of his learning process. ( which btw is VERY hard to do when I hear my sweet grandson screaming his adorable little lungs out. Do you know how many times this weekend I said to my son " how long have you been doing ( whatever it was he was doing) ? 15 minutes? Well then clearly that isn't what he wants so maybe you should try something different?" At least 157 times. Maybe more. As I have stated before the sound of a crying baby makes me upset...especially when I know there is no need for it.

Thought I would post a finished product. ( this wasn't finished this weekend...but none the less it is a finished product! LOL)  Hope you like it.....





It's how I feel........tied down.

Hope ya'll had a great weekend. This day hasn't started off so great.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Your painting is so beautiful. So powerful and haunting. The angular lines, especially on the bird, add to the sense that all is not right. Very strong. Thanks for sharing it.

    And just try to remind yourself that all that crying is strengthening the baby's lungs. A go for a walk to give your ears and your heart a break. You'll get through this. And your son will be better for it.

    ReplyDelete