Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Good Things

Isn't it interesting how you meet some people and you just "click"? I have a new friend that has just sort of appeared. She is the Mom of one of our consumers - and for some reason - out of the blue - she asked an innocent question.

" How are you?"

And she smiled. And really - most people do the very same thing. They say " How are you?" and smile. And you look back and say " good. How are you?" and they say " fine" and then you go on your merry way.

But she looked at me and waited. And I said. " Good. How are you?" and she said

" No, dear. Really - how are  you?" And she smiled. And my reply was " really? You don't have time for the true answer so - I'll say I'm good and we'll go on from there".

So later - about oh - 3 hours later - I received a message on facebook. It was her. At first I was a little miffed. How on earth did she find me? Well - since my office has a name plate next to the door that clearly states my first and last name - and we live in the same city - she just searched - and found me. It's okay. I have privacy settings that don't let people gawk at my info unless I allow it. And the message touched my heart. So - I accepted her friend request - and it has been delightful.

It's so funny to me - I know her because she brings her adult child to us for Physical and Occupational therapy. He has Cerebral Palsy. He is a handful. She will have to take care of - or make some arrangements for someone to take care of him his entire life. Her life is busy, and stressful, and yet she has made time to care about and inquire about and become my friend.

How lucky am I?

The other good thing?

We ( hubby and I) are actually taking a vacation. It's been a few years. But we are. We decided for our own sanity we need to get away. So - we're going to Vegas! We are leaving all our kids, and the grand baby, and the troubles and stress and going to go have some fun in Sin City. I can't wait. I LOVE Vegas. I love it. And it will be so nice to de-stress. I will have various friends and family members checking on the son and grand baby while we are gone. I might even have one son move in for the week and help ...we'll see. But it's going to happen and I am in count down mode.

Another good thing?

One of my very best friends made me banana bread and drove it over to my house. Because she is awesome and I love her. No expectation of a return anything. Just a little love in a loaf.

How lucky am I?

:)

And Miss Robin, where ever you are - thank you. For being you. For leaving me words of encouragement. For making me feel like I CAN fight the good fight. I appreciate you.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you're getting away. What a great way to show that you value yourself enough to give yourself a break and a treat. I hope you come back refreshed and ready to tackle the world (but remember you don't really have to tackle the world).

    And I totally know what you mean about the "How are you?" question. When someone really means it, it's surprising. I'm so glad she followed through and that you have another friend. I'm sure you two will be so good for each other.

    You are always welcome. I love the little peeks into your mind. You bring me joy, too.

    ReplyDelete