Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Meeting" New People

I had the weirdest experience yesterday. It absolutely has NOTHING to do with the price of beans in Mexico - but - I just had to share it because it was so weird.

Early yesterday morning I received a text from a phone number I didn't recognize. All it said was

"well, poop"

Hmmm. I wonder who sent this - I thought to myself while frowning over the number. Unable to think of who it could be I replied

" ??????????"

All day went by - at around 7pm last night this is what happened through text next:

Unknown Texter:  " LOL sorry wrong number, nice to meet you"
Me: " Ha Ha! Nice to meet you too. :)  "
UT: "I'm Jacob"
Me:  "Hi Jacob. I'm Kelly. Where are you located?"
UT: " Indianapolis, You?"

( okay. Let me just interject here that it sort of flipped me out a little that this person named Jacob who I did not know was texting me and was located in the same city as me. I briefly thought...axe murderer? Serial Killer? Pedophile trolling for his next victim?...)

UT: " Do you Facebook?LOL"

( Hair is standing up on my neck. It just feels icky......)

Me: "Uhhmmm....Indianapolis. Wow. I don't recognize the area code."
UT: " Ya - its from an IPod app. LOL "
Me: " What? I don't get it."
UT: " So people don't know who's calling. The app changes your number - like it did this time - I have an Indianapolis number - but the app makes it look like it is coming from a different number."

( Now feeling even more creepy)

Me: " Why would you want to do that?"
UT:  " I dunno. It's kinda fun"

( I still don't get it - but then - I don't need to GET it)

Me: " How old are you, Jacob?"
UT:  " 17.  You?"

( Ewwww. Although if he's telling the truth - he's just some kid fooling around on his phone - not some mass murderer warming me up to be his next accomplice ....)

Me: " LOL I'm old enough to be your Mother. Let's just leave it at that."
UT: " LOL Nice to meet you Kelly, old enough to be my mother, of Indianapolis"
Me: " And you too, Jacob, 17, of Indianapolis. :) "


And that's the end of it. Weird huh? Don't ask me why I responded to a total strangers text message...I think it might be because the initial one that said " well, Poop" sort of sounded like maybe something had gone wrong. I didn't want whomever had something going wrong to think that the recipient of that message didn't care that something was wrong...because I'm paranoid like that. And I guess - weird too.

ANY hoo - it was just weird enough that I felt the need to share.

Have a good Tuesday.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. It was a great story. And I'm glad you are safe from axe murderers.

    ReplyDelete