Monday, April 4, 2011

Food- Glorious Food!

Friday was my wedding anniversary. Saturday my husband and I went out for a hoity toity dinner. And too much alcohol.

I wouldn't say that I am a "foodie" necessarily - but I do love food. And since I am addicted to the Food Network - and all things cooking competition - and feel like I was a Top Chef at some point in one of my past lives - and think that

is just about as sexy as it gets - I thought I would share with you the experience of my anniversary dinner.

We got to the restaurant earlier than we anticipated. There just is no way to know how the traffic in this town will be - I say better early than late - so we weren't upset. We found a seat at the bar - and indulged ourselves. I had a

( actually I had TWO Bombay Sapphire EXTRA dry martini's....which explains why I was a teensy bit tipsy when the night was all said and done) and my sweet husband had a bourbon and 7. Since he was driving - he kept it to one....very disciplined of him, I must say. Although, truth be told - he always makes sure he stays sober enough to drive - while I get a little hammered.. . .

ANY hoo - we had a cocktail or two and watched the men's final four game BUTLER ( go dawgs) and VCU and then took our table at 7:00. Our favorite waiter ( Lafayette is his name - he is fantastic and always takes such good care of us) greeted us and we got settled in to our table.

The meal started with

this lovely chopped salad. I don't know what's in this - but it is to die for. Dressed just enough to hold it's shape, a little bacon in there - a little red cabbage - topped with french fried onions - it's light and tasty and a nice way to start the meal.

We moved on to the next course. Let me just say that I was raised in Kansas City. If you are raised in Kansas City there are a few things you know well; Steak, Bar-b-Que, and the blues. I have always wanted to have a Kobe beef  steak. It just so happens that Saturday night, Kobe steak was the special. ( I won't say how much it was - but suffice it to say that the $100.00 gift card my Mom gave us for Christmas did not even come CLOSE to paying for this meal). Knowing it was expensive - we ordered it anyway. OMG.

That, my darlings, was the BEST steak I have ever had in my entire life. It was juicy, it was SO tasty, it was tender - omg it was so tender. I will remember this steak for the rest of my life.

Every thing is done Ala-carte, and the side dishes are definitely big enough for two people. We had potatoes Lyanase and fresh steamed broccoli with our steaks. Oh and a bottle of

fantastic Shiraz. Blue Eyed Boy was the name, recommended by sweet Lafayette. This explains the -ehm- oh lets just call it like it is....drunkenness that came over me by the end of the night. It was so so yummy though.

We finished our meal with dessert.

warm bread pudding soaked in warm whiskey sauce. OMG it was to DIE for. I probably could have used a little coffee by then...but whatever. It was Dee-lish.

My husband gave me a wonderful gift -

That is not exactly it, but similar. A heart shaped ruby with four diamonds set in white gold. I'm a lucky girl.

All in all it was a great anniversary weekend. We spent a little time on Saturday with the grand baby. I got to feed him his lunch and bathe him before we went on our date. Spent Sunday in the craft room - painting and ehm . . . getting over my hang over. LOL BUT - it was good.

Hope y'all had a great weekend too.








1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration. I am so glad. You deserve to be happy!

    ReplyDelete