Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On Dreams

Everyone has dreams. Don't they?

I don't mean the kind where you go to sleep and dream about George Clooney painting your toenails for you while you sip martinis and watch Jerseylicious from a flying carpet above the Vegas lights. ( Not that I had that dream....I'm just making one up....sort of...)

I mean the kind where you thought to yourself  " Self, someday I'm going to be a rock star, and I'm going to live in a big huge house and have a plane and servants and never have to worry about money again..." Yeah. Those kinds of dreams.

I used to have dreams. . . .

I dreamed of getting married ........ ( check)
I dreamed of having kids ...........(check)
I dreamed of being a grandmother...........(check)

I dreamed I would live in a big Victorian house with a wrap around front porch and tall tall trees that shaded the porch no matter what time of the day it was.. .

I dreamed I was going to be a writer...

and a painter.......

and a musician.........

and I would have a big barn like structure where people could come and we would paint, and learn to spin, and do pottery and knit, and have story telling classes and dip candles and make home made bread...

and no one would ever wear shoes.

Those are the kinds of dreams I had.

I don't know how to dream anymore.

1 comment:

  1. But at least you are remembering your dreams. And noticing that you need new ones. You'll find your way to dreams again. Give it a little time. You have to let yourself let go of some of the old ones in order to dream new ones.

    Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete