Tuesday, June 14, 2011

On Email

Dear Reader,

If I were to say in this blog at this moment something like "you suck" - would you take that in a good way, or a bad way? Like would you think I mean YOU suck ? As in YOU are a terrible person and therefore you suck? As opposed to everyone else in the world....? Or would you think I mean you SUCK. As in you are TERRIBLE and sometimes I think you suck...? Or would you think I mean YOU SUCK? As in....I think you are hilarious and you make me laugh and I'm laughing and saying " you suck"? It's kind of like the old grammar game where you would say ...

SHE is on fire!  She IS on fire. She is ON fire. She is on FIRE.

Right?

So how do you distinguish what means what when in an email? You can't hear how it's being said....you can only interpret what you think they mean based on how you feel at the moment you are reading it. Unless of course people use CAPITAL letters, and BOLD letters or italic letters, or underline something,  or better yet cross something out.  ?

I ask all of that because I am SICK to DEATH of getting nasty  emails from a lady  at work who I can't stand.  Because while she doesn't choose to use any of the afore mentioned ways of distinguishing what she means - I can read between the lines and know exactly what she means. Especially since she chooses to cc my boss on them. Always. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Because truly, her mission in life is to make me look stupid, make me look wrong, or make me look like I purposely did something to spite her.

Which BTW - I'm not, ( stupid), I'm usually not ( wrong, although I am sometimes and I'm willing to admit it when I am) and I never do ( things on purpose).

Love,
Gypsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment