Monday, June 27, 2011

On An Empty Nest

I thought, at one time, that I would hate an empty nest. I thought the day my kids moved out would be so sad I wouldn't be able to stand myself. But guess what? My youngest son moved out a little over a year ago - and I was so happy I didn't know what to do.

Then - came the bi-polar suicidal son and the baby. And I thought...holy cannoli I don't want this. But then - when he got there - I kind of liked it. I'm not sure if it's because I liked having the kids...or if it was that I liked having the grand baby - but none the less - I liked it. Then he decided to move in with his girlfriend of three weeks - and I was kind of happy. It was nice having the house to ourselves again. Just me and the hubby - alone at last. Ahhhhhhhh.........

Well so much for that.

The youngest one is moving back in. He can't make it on his own and he's comin' back. Yee-friggin- haw. Now - he knows I feel this way. He knows that I love him but really would rather he not move back in - so it won't be a surprise to him ifn' he stumbles upon my little spot here. I am just not so happy. I was beginning to like the sound of silence. I was beginning to enjoy opening the refrigerator and finding full gallons of milk instead of empty cartons. I was beginning to enjoy the sweet smell of the guest room again - instead of the smell of hormonal young men and sweat socks. ~~sigh~~

Heavy heavy ~~~~~~sighhhhhhhh~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment