Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just Once

Just once, I would like it to be about me.

Just once.

It's so frustrating to try and tell a story, have an opinion or make an observation when someone butts in to the conversation and somehow, some way - makes it about them.

I have a friend who I love dearly, don't know what I would do without who does this on a very regular basis. No matter what I say, no matter what the conversation is about, this person talks over me, adds their two cents ( or actually most of the time its more like 2 bucks), one ups me, or makes it some how about them. It makes me feel like my opinion doesn't matter. Or more correctly- makes me feel like I don't matter.

Maybe I don't. Maybe I'm not considered as good a friend as I had hoped. I don't know. But just once, I would love for it to be about me.

Just once.

No comments:

Post a Comment