Thursday, September 30, 2010

So It Begins. . .

This is my Son's wedding weekend.

In NYC. Because he lives in NYC. I don't. I live in Indianapolis. We drove from Indianapolis to NYC. We will NEVER drive to NYC from Indianapolis again.

Ever.

We were worried that something would happen to our own vehicle if we drove it, so we rented a minivan. Before we even got out of the driveway we had $200.00 worth of damage. How? Well - let's just say that apparently when my husband backs a brand new minivan  - he just isn't happy unless he hits something. He was backing out of the driveway and clipped the tree by the driveway with the mirror on the passenger side. Bammo - damage.

Then - we finally get on the road - cross the state line in to Ohio - things are ok. Except the low tire light came on. So we had to attend to that. Then - we cross the line in to West Virginia and the rain starts. And it rains like torrential HOLY HELL all the way into NYC.

Get lost in NYC trying to find the hotel. Awesome.

My Mother flew from KC to NYC - but due to the rain got diverted and sat in a bar in the Connecticut airport until they decided to try again. She got to NYC and was Shnockered. Yay.

Oh - and I can't poop.

Not that anyone but me cares about that. But - I'm here to enjoy my sons wedding and all I can think is - gosh my belly hurts. Yay.

More news on this wedding weekend as it happens. . . pray the rain stops for the wedding day - and ehm...pray for the eagle to land. So to speak. Cause wow - my belly REALLY hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment