Friday, October 1, 2010

Wedding Weekend Day 2

My Son gets married tomorrow. It's been a HELL of a day.

Firstly - it has rained most of the day. The wind is blowing 90 to nothin' and it's a little chilly. When it is raining in NYC it isn't so easy to get a cab to stop. Why? Because it has already stopped and has people in it. So - we started out walking to the venue for the rehearsal - thinking we would find a cab - and ended up walking the whole way. Now - those of you that know me, know that I don't walk so well. I had three discs taken out of my lumbar spine and had it fused together, I also have MS. And I have a degenerative bone disease that makes it so that when the weather is damp and cool, my body aches. My Mother - who is 69 years old, claims to be so active and likes to take walks and ride the Exercycle and goes to Curves all the time - acted like she was 100 years old while we were walking. Granted, it was a heck of a trek there - but my feeling is if I can do it, she should be able to do it.

We get to the venue, and it's beautiful. But, they didn't have an event today so the air was not on  - and let me tell you it was at least 2700 degrees in there. So of course I was sweating like a - (whore in church) pig. Once again Mom was complaining the entire time. At one point she was actually telling the wedding coordinator what should be done...I said " let THEM ( my son and soon to be daughter in law) handle this...to which she gave me the filthiest meanest look - and said " I KNOW , Kelly. I KNOW" , which clearly wasn't true or I wouldn't have felt the need to say something. GOOD heavens I'm not even remotely close to in the mood for her crap tomorrow at the actual wedding.

Secondly - the eagle has not landed yet and my belly hurts. Still. Ugh.

Thirdly - I now have a headache from HELL and a cold sore trying to bust its way out. Nice.

And fourth - I am a little obsessed with people that live here. In NYC. My hotel room is surrounded by apartments . I have a terrace attached to my room and when I go out - I can see into their homes. I feel like such a peeping Tom. Cause I have watched them incessantly since I got here. Fascinating.

I am also obsessed with the architecture here. I keep taking pictures of buildings using weird angles. It's really fun and I'm thinking maybe I need to take a photography class when the shit settles.

So - I'm off to bed now. Tomorrow is the big day. I still need to write about my Son's little melt down after the rehearsal - but I'll save that for another time.

Tomorrow I gain a daughter. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment