Sunday, October 31, 2010

He's HERE!

I don't know if I can do this justice-there is this place in me that wants to write this flowery, beautiful essay on the birth of my grandson - but I don't know that I can. So let me just say it like this: He's HERE.

 My daughter in law informed me on the phone on my way to the hospital that she wanted me in the delivery room with her during the birth - I was shocked. I was thrilled.

I was honored.

And no matter how long I live - I will never ever forget that experience. My daughter in law was a trooper - she had a difficult labor, and an even more difficult delivery. My sweet grand baby was 7 lbs 11.3 ounces, 20 inches long - and after pushing for over 2 hours - he finally popped into the world face up! Looking right at me with his adorable messy bloody beautiful face. I have never fallen so completely in love in such a split second before. I have never seen the glory of life as I did that day. There is a difference between having your own kids - and watching, participating, encouraging the birth of your grandchild. I will forever be grateful that my daughter in law wanted me there. I am changed.

So - Welcome to the world sweet little Ryan. Your granmama is so so so happy to meet you.


1 comment:

  1. He is so beautiful!!! i am so glad that you got to be there. what a huge blessing.

    ReplyDelete