Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Yearly Review

I had my review at work yesterday. I should be pleased.

But - no review is perfect, and I had no expectation that mine would be. The problem for me is - there is ONE person in the building that I have had continual difficulty with. Coworkers tell me she is the most unpleasant person they have ever had to deal with. I agree. She and I have butted heads since the very beginning. This is important because part of my "score" on the performance review is based on responses provided in peer review form. Now - these peer reviews are supposed to be anonymous - and for the most part they are - but let me just say that based on the negative statements made - I know exactly who said what and why. ( AND - although my boss is supposed to keep things anonymous - he did nod his head when I said " SO and SO said that...right?)

Unfortunately, I don't get to really respond to certain accusations-like the one that said "NOT a team player." Really? That is so not true. How do I know? Well for starters from the absolute beginning of my tenure there I have covered for a different department while said department has a monthly meeting. ( I love doing it - I really do - ) I have also voluntarily taken over someone elses job completely for over a week while that person was on vacation. On top of doing my own job. I have done things for almost every department there except maintenance ( they don't trust me with tools) and a department that would require me to know sign language or read lips - and I am proficient at neither.

"NOT friendly at all" was the next one. Really? Then how is it that I ALSO got a little slap on the wrist for the fact that people are in my office all the time yappin' and gigglin' and carrying on? If I'm so unfriendly - why are they spending so much TIME with me? Hmmmm? What that really should have said was "NOT friendly to ME at all " - to which I answer - you get what you give. Bitch.

So - while 98% of my review was good, and my boss seems to be ( and actually said he was ) glad that I am part of the club - those little negatives are like a  little jagged spot on a tooth. No matter how much you try to ignore it and concentrate on the 57 other shiny perfect white ones - your tongue still gravitates towards the bad one.

I'll have to work on that.

1 comment:

  1. he should have just thrown out her feedback. How yucky and weird that it was included in your review when he knows how wonderful you are. Some men don't know how hurtful words can be.

    MISS YOU

    ReplyDelete