Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Near Death Experience

It was foggy yesterday morning on the way to work. Actually - it was more like a drippin wet mess. Pitch dark and the air was thick with fog and wet. Not exactly my favorite conditions for driving. I would prefer to drive on ice in the snow than in the dark, pouring down rain, or fog. This morning was particularly bad.

I was driving along a dark foggy two lane road - it was so scary that I actually thought that if I turned down the radio I could see better. I don't know why. For some reason when the radio is low I can see better. I can't explain it.

Annnny hoo - I was driving along a dark foggy two lane road when out the corner of my eye I see this herd ( pack? litter? I don't know...) of deer come flying out of the bushes and into the road.

I slammed on the brakes.


As I was screaming I was thinking ....I'm gonna die. Either the guy who is tailgating me in this Gawd Awful fog is going to slam into my rear end and kill me in a car crash, OR - a deer is going to come through the windshield and hoof me to death.


I am watching the last big buck jump OVER my hood and I'm screaming. . . and I'm thinking - what's that noise? Oh - it's me screaming - and as he jumps OVER my hood - he POOPS all over it...

But I was alive.


The moral of the story?


Wait for it......


Just when you think it's the end of the world - the reality is  - shit happens.





2 comments:

  1. LOL...or you could say just when you think it's the end of the world you realize it's just shit. I guess shit is supposed to make things grow? If so I think I am due for a HUGE growth spurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...glad you're okay...holy cow (I mean deer)!

    ReplyDelete