Thursday, December 23, 2010

THANK you.

Thank you all for your support and kind words. I appreciate it more than I can express.

I'm a little cranky today. ( okay, I'm a lot cranky) First let me just say that I love my family. OK? I do. I love them. But some of them are not as easy to be around as others. My FIL just to name one. He is pompous, arrogant, full of himself, LOUD, obnoxious, and ( I believe ) has a history that is shady. I can't prove it so I won't say it out loud - but I'm about 99.9% sure. When my son got married - before we all departed NYC and headed to our respective homes - I mentioned that we aren't doing anything big for Christmas. I even went so far as to say I wasn't having house guests, no big sit down dinner - just low key laid back casual Christmas.

So go back and read that paragraph again.....I'll wait.......



Finished? Okay. Tell me where in that paragraph it says " FIL please come to my house and stay for days and days and impose yourself on us..." . Do you see it anywhere?

Tell me where it says "we will be having a big dinner on Christmas day of Goose and figgy pudding - and of course pie.. . ."

I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that anywhere....but if I'm mistaken....I would love for you to show me.



Still waiting.............




No?

I didn't think so. And yet - not only has he invited himself to stay at my house, but he is now coming a day early ( today) and when I told him that we had plans to be gone for a few days during next week -( in an attempt to get him to go home on Monday) instead of saying he would head home Monday or Tuesday morning - he just said " that's okay...ya'll go ahead....I'll just stay at the house".

Read that again. Again I'll wait.................




"the house". Sort of like  "the hotel". That's what it sounds like. I would never in a million years tell someone -"-nawww....go ahead I'll wait here. In your house. Alone. While you are gone. I'll be here when you get back. No really...g'head."

I know I sound like a bitch. I'm sorry. I just didn't want this. Which is why I thought I made myself clear by telling everyone we weren't doing it this year.

Is my husband telling his father not to come? No. Am I telling him ? No. Why not? Because he's not MY father. Because my husband should be the one to tell him.

Merry Christmas everyone. Seriously....from my heart to yours....

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. Not cool.

    It's so tough to know when to stand up for yourself and your boundaries and when to let something slide. I hope it doesn't turn out as terrible as it sounds.

    I was griping because I have to go to my parents' house and spend the day with a bunch of family. Thank you for reminding me how much worse it could be. They could be at my house.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete