Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Classics

I would like for someone to explain to me what exactly constitutes a classic. Specifically music. I listen to all different kinds of music - I love it all - but - lately since I am sick to death of the same old same old I have been listening to "classic rock". How do you differentiate between classic, and oldie?

When I was in high school - I thought I was OH so cool because I had an am/fm clock radio! With an alarm! And it was not the typical clock face! It had the numbers that flipped! It was state of the art! ( note the excitement? Oh yes...I was SO COOL!)  And I had it set to go off every morning at 6:00 a.m . . . and every morning at 6:00 a.m I heard ...."she ran callin' wiiiiiiiild fire. She ran callin' wiiiiiiiiiild fire. She ran callin' weye-eye-eye- eye-eyeeye eye eyeld fire...." Oh yes. I was so hip.

SO - I say that to say this. I get in the car this morning to come to work - flip on the classic rock station and out of the speaker comes...." she ran callin' wiiiiiiiild fire. She ran callin' wiiiiiiiiiild fire. She ran callin' weye-eye-eye- eye-eyeeye eye eyeld fire...."

HOLY MOLY! MY HIP MUSIC IS NOW CLASSIC ROCK. ACKKKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkk.

ehem. Okay. I'm okay now.

(* Language Alert Language Alert)
But just think. One day - on classic rock stations around the world when people flip on their radio they will be hearing   " lil n-gga bigger than gorilla cause I’m killing every n-gga that try to be on my sh-t better cuff your chick if you with her I can get her and she accidentally slip fall on my dick ooops, I said on my dick I ain't really mean to say on my d-ck but since we talking about my dick all of you haters say hi to it I’m Done"

Won't that be nice?

And by that time - a little screamin' Aerosmith " rag doll, livin in a movie....hot tramp daddy's little cutie..." will be considered OLDIES. Oh my.

Oh my.

I would like to thank sweet Miss Robin for your wonderful comments about my artwork. It means a lot to me. TRULY. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. You are so welcome. I really liked it.

    As for the music, we have raised our kids on everything we love. Some 50s and 60s. A little 70s. And lots of 80s.

    When they get in the car they listen to some modern, but not like the stuff you quoted. Thank goodness, I can't handle that. But they also know all the words to the oldies. So maybe when they grow up their classics will be the same as our classics. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete