Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Have Good News and Bad News....

What do you want first?

Most people opt for the bad news first - thinking that then the good news will cancel it out. I don't care how much good news I get - it will never cancel out the bad news this time...

On Tuesday my middle son tried to kill himself. I'm not going to go in to details here - it just doesn't seem right to do that - but - I WILL say this: medically he is okay. Mentally he obviously needs help. Now in his defense ( if there is such a thing in this circumstance) he is Bi-Polar -and no matter what he says I believe he has been off his meds - so some of this is truly chemical - and he needs to get that squared away....but my poor daughter-in-law. My poor little grandbaby ( who really is doing fine - truly - I mean he's 3 months old - everyone is lovin' on him and feeding him and holding him and playing with him - he's fine...really) . My sweet husband is devastated - as am I. I have spent two solid days bawling my eyes out - and had a right proper melt down with bawling, and yelling, and crying, and cursing, and snot down the face in the shrinks office yesterday before I had to go back to the hospital for visiting hours. So - it has been a rotten, stinky, couple of days with more bad days before good days to come, I'm afraid.

So - the good news?

Well I got a message from the prosecutors office that one of the 4 ass hats that broke into my house has admitted it, plead guilty and has been sentenced to 36 months in jail with no chance for early release until 18 months have been served, not counting what he has served up to this point. So - that means I can throw the subpoena for that one out and worry only about the other 3 times I have to testify.

How bad is it, that the best news I have has to do with the break in? Gawd help me.


I did get a new phone - so if I can ever figure out how to use it - I will post some pics of my painting I did whilst snowed in.

And "L" - I got your email. I will respond when I have some answers for you. Thank you for sending it to me.

I hope ya'll are doing much better than I am. . .

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for the heartbreak you are dealing with right now. We have many mental health issues in my family so, unfortunately, this is not unfamiliar territory. Also, I've had suicidal struggles off and on since I was fourteen.

    When my friend's husband successfully committed suicide a few years ago it shook the neighborhood. At his funeral one of the speakers was a licensed therapist. He reminded us that none of us knows what this man was going through. None of us is in a position to judge him. Only God gets to do that and He knows the true story.

    I am so glad your son is safe right now. I can't imagine the pain he is going through. This attempt is not about you; please try not to take it personally. Try not to judge -- just love him.

    I will keep your precious family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete