Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So Much Going ON

Hi. It's me. . . remember? Gypsy. The happily married mother of 4 grown children with a brand new grandson and loving life? Yeh...that chick.

In the course of a week my life has changed completely. I have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Which explains the terrible headaches, blurred vision, constant thirst and hunger, sweating, tingly feet. It's been a whirlwind of doctors offices and test strips and don't eat that, and eat this, and I am oh so overwhelmed.

Now - there are still those people in my life that respond to my overwhelmedness ( made that word up, dontcha know) they have been there, done that, bought the tee shirt, sent the postcard, and already had a return flight....bigger- better ( or worse) - whatever and that is driving me crazy. But - I am going to the shrink tonight to sort it all out. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

In the mean time I am taking medicine which has given me Montezuma's revenge like nobodies business. I am crampy, sore, and sick to death of sitting on the toilet. I realize this med is supposed to get my sugar under control, but let me just tell you - unless my boss is willing to move my office into the handicapped stall in the bathroom - something is going to have to change.

So - there's a little sneak peak of the latest. I will catch up up on the rest tomorrow. I hope if there is anyone at all out there still reading this - that you are doing well.

Gotta go! ( literally)

2 comments:

  1. You must be on different medication to my wife. Her's doesn't make her spend that much time on the throne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things are better today. Sorry about the diagnosis, but I hope it helps to at least have some answers.

    ReplyDelete