Tuesday, June 7, 2011

On Macaroni and Cheese

I didn't get to be the size I am by eating healthy - k? Just so we understand each other. But - I also am not the kind of person to eat just to be eating. The problem is - I love food. LOVE it. And not just any food - CARBS. Like - if you were to put a plate of spaghetti and a plate of cookies next to each other - I would choose the spaghetti every time. ( Okay - I might take a little taste of one little cookie - but I wouldn't eat the whole plate full - and trust me - I could manage to put away a whole plate full of spaghetti).  No wonder I am obese and have diabetes - huh?

Let me tell you how painful it was to see the word "obese" on my medical chart. I am a big girl -no doubt about it. And I definitely consider myself a fat girl. But "obese"? Wow. In my mind - "obese" was one of those people that can't walk, can't get out of bed - can't do anything - you know - the ones you see on TV that need the fire department to get them out of their house....or get buried in a piano box. That's not me...so clearly "obese" is not the right term.

Yeah right. I am obese. Okay? I am. And I hate it.

So - now I have this diabetes thing going on - that sucks, BTW - and am having to learn how to do all kinds differently. Like - eat . And so to that end I am trying new recipes.

Macaroni and cheese diabetic style is not Kraft. You get my drift? It's not. AND - beyond that - it is not as satisfying. SO - when I got a hankerin' for Kraft - I'm going to have to either - A . GET OVER IT. or, B. GET OVER IT. . . because no matter how you look at it - it ain't Kraft.

And that is so depressing to an obese girl who loves her carbs...like me.

I'm just sayin...

1 comment:

  1. From one carb lover to another, I HATE this for you!! I don't know that I would survive without bread, pasta, and donuts in my world. :-( Maybe there will be some healthy and tasty alternatives to the things that you love the most?

    To put the whole "obese" thing in perspective, I got on the Wii (to try out the dreaded Wii Fit) for the first time a few summers ago while I was on vacation. I weighed about 10 lbs. less than I do now. As it was calculating my height, weight, BMI, etc. I told everyone to leave the room - everyone except my 4 1/2 year old little half brother, Zack. Surely he wouldn't care what the scale said. Finally, it came back with a result: Obese. Based on my measurements I am obese. Zack said, "Jenny, what's MOBESE mean?" When I said it meant that I needed to stop eating so many cupcakes, he ran through the house saying "Jenny is mobese. Jenny is MOBESE!!!" Grrr...

    I don't know that I have a point to this story, but I do want you to know that no matter your size or shape or mood or haircolor or anything else, the people who know you and love you think you are WONDERFUL and FANTASTIC exactly the way you are - - - me included!! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete