Thursday, August 11, 2011

On Laughter

Since it's been literally over a week since I had a good guffaw - I thought I would share this. I realize it's a little cheesy - but none the less...here it is.




A fifty-ish woman was at home happily jumping on her bed and squealing with delight. Her husband watches her for a while and asks, "Do you have any idea how ridiculous you look?, What's the matter with you?"

The woman continues to bounce on the bed and says, "I don't care, I just came from having a mammogram and the doctor says I have the breasts of an 18 year-old".


The husband said, "What did he say about your 60 year old ass?"

"Your name never came up," she replied. 

 ~~Guffaw GUFFAW~~

I know. It isn't really that funny. But it kind of is. And LORD knows I need some good old fashioned belly laughter. These past few days have been really terrible - and I see no relief in sight. The only good thing is - in the middle of my misery my sweet husband has found a way to NOT make me want to scratch his eyes out.

Now - What I mean when I say this is - usually when Mama Gypsy gets in a real funk like this - no one is safe. Including him. But for some reason - this go around - he has found a way to be supportive and sweet and not even one time has he let a teeny moment show that appears as if he thinks I have no right to feel the way I do. Unlike some other people in my life. So - while my last nerve is raw - he doesn't happen to be the one ON it. So while it's not ALL good in the hood - at least that much is good.

That is a round about way to say - I need some laughter in my life. Laughter makes all bad things seem not quite so bad. Notice I didn't say laughter makes all bad things better. . . but laughter can and for me at least - does - make things SEEM not quite so bad.

And that's a good thing.

So - bring on the jokes. Tell 'em if ya got 'em!

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid my jokes don't make anyone laugh but me. I liked yours though.

    And a big huzzah! for your husband for being supportive and understanding in a difficult time. When I'm having a difficult time my husband is usually the first person I want to kill. Although I don't want to scratch his eyes out. Then I'd get eyeball under my nails and it would be just gross. I like the idea of throwing rocks at his head. Hm. Kind of makes me smile just thinking about it. Guess my husband better watch out.

    I hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete